Your posts should cover the questions below in full, and be at least 300 words long. Then reply to and peer-review at least three other posts by next Wednesday 11:59PM UoPeople Time, and rate the posts and replies.
This week we are learning about climate change. Open the link to the IPCC report “Climate Change 2014” and read the “Summary for Decision Makers”.
Then, in your own words answer the following questions (do not copy and paste things from the site… use your own words to answer the following questions. It is okay if your English is not perfect, I do not mind, I just prefer to see your own words and thoughts on the topic):
- What is this report about?
- What climate change vulnerabilities are identified for your region?
- Did they surprise you? Why or why not?
- Describe (in your own words) three adaptation measures that have been proposed for addressing global climate change in your region.
- In your opinion, which one is the most important? Why?
- Outline two steps you could take to lower your climate impact. Check the Union of Concerned Scientists for some ideas.
Any materials cited should be referenced using the style guidelines established by the American Psychological Association (APA).
IPCC, 2014: Summary for policymakers. In: Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability.
Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [Field, C.B., V.R. Barros, D.J. Dokken, K.J. Mach, M.D. Mastrandrea, T.E. Bilir, M. Chatterjee, K.L. Ebi, Y.O. Estrada, R.C. Genova, B. Girma, E.S. Kissel, A.N. Levy, S. MacCracken, P.R. Mastrandrea, and L.L.White (eds.)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA, pp. 1-32
- 1. This link covers many of the myths about climate change.
- 2. Has your view on climate change evolved since before taking this course? Why or why not?
- 3. Choose one the Review Questions from this week’s readings and answer it in full.
- 4. Please tell me how the course is going for you so far? Is it hard, “just right”, or easy?
1. What is this report about?
The report is about climate change, the reasons for a climate change and tries to handle the problems of climate change by the government and the influences of the government to third-parties.
2. What climate change vulnerabilities are identified for your region?
Greenhouse gasses are a big problem. Pollution from the cars has a major impact on our environment. Also, water pollution is a more and bigger problem.
3. Did they surprise you? Why or why not?
No it does not surprise me because the car companies also faked the customers and government about greenhouse gas emission of the cars. The people do not use public transport systems because there are too lazy…they always want cars, bigger cars with more power. The car companies also not interested in making effective solutions for the oil problems because the oil companies always want to make money with the oil. It is a big cycle and problem.
4. Describe (in your own words) three adaptation measures that have been for addressing global climate change in your region.
There are tries to recultivate an old military training place in a town near me. But a real recultivating or adoption measure they not trying to improve the water problem here. The storage of water has an impact also on the environment. They try to improve the greenhouse gas emission with alternative energy like gas stations or electric energy stations for e-cars. But it is not cost effective.
5. In your opinion, which one is the most important? Why? # Recultivating polluted and wasted areas in our county is one of the most important actions they should do. The water is stored in sees but the water is still. They deactivated the water flow to hide the truth here. A first action to improve the water quality could be the reactivation of the water flow with activating the big river. They deactivated the river many years before.
6. Outline two steps you could take to lower your climate impact. Check the Union of Concerned Scientists for some ideas. # They can try to improve the public transport system and reopen the train system here. They closed many train stations here and that’s a problem because bus also has a pollination. A try could be also to use more alternative energy like electricity or gas. The problem is that are not enough electrified or gas stations here. Also, the industry could focus more on alternative energy but they don’t do. Maybe the problem is the power of the lobby?
Go to this website, which is hosted by Skeptical Science. Read up and then answer the following questions. http://skepticalscience.com/argument.php
- This link covers many of the myths about climate change.
- List two of the myths that you found most interesting.
- Outline what each myth is, and what the right answer to that question or item is.
- Has your view on climate change evolved since before taking this course? Why or why not?
- Choose one the Review Questions from this week’s readings and answer it in full.
- Please tell me how the course is going for you so far? Is it hard, “just right”, or easy?
1. This link covers many of the myths about climate change.
List two of the myths that you found most interesting.
Outline what each myth is, and what the right answer to that question or item is.
I chose the myth number 23.: “Does cold weather disprove global warming?” (Meador, n.d.).
Cold weather comes mostly from the wind and the current distance from the sun to the earth. Also, the wind comes from gravitation waves and the status of Phi. The reason for the gravitation waves is the current power of Psi and Omega resulting in Phi. So global warming is a problem, sure. But the rotation of the planet and location in the universe of our planet is mainly a reason for the status of Phi (Picker, 2016).
So we can conclude that the actual location of the earth is a factor for global warming, the wind also has an influence on this but also the destroying of the ozone layer which prevents the earth from alpha radiation.
2. Has your view on climate change evolved since before taking this course? Why or why not?
Yes, my view has changed significantly because I now opened my eyes and view more critically to some facts like climate change and energy sources and the energy cycle.
I now know that some problems are made from the industry because the government wants to change but can not do it. Now I knew where we are from and have knowledge about the whole cycle of the energy. The energy is all made from light. And some others.
The course opened my eyes.
3. Choose one the Review Questions from this week’s readings and answer it in full.
I chose the review question: “What are the pros and cons of various waste management strategies? Do you agree or disagree with the general waste management hierarchy?”
It depends on the specific strategy a government in a specific country is using. If a community, for example, incinerates the waste at high temperatures emission and pollution is released into the environment. The incinerator could adhere to a filter system but there is always a rest. Buring waste with zero-emission is with this method not possible. There should be a system with zero-emission.
The waste could be changed to waste with a specific wave height with zero-emission. So there should be a “transformer” system which changes the wave height /gravity of the waste to a specific level so the waste is gone back to its basic matter/light.
Recycling is okay, but it lacks the basics. What do they in our community with waste? They fire it and do not recycle it at all. It makes no sense.
Why are they not a hundred percent recycle and sell the plastics for example back to the industry?
The costs are too high for the industry.
The whole system is not effective enough at the moment. The waste management pyramid is okay but it lacks in a 7th step. What about the waste which we can not recycle, reuse or whatever? Like nuclear waste? They just store the old radiated minerals. Why not reuse these? Or just turn them back to its matter with a transformation system.
I agree yes, but we should add the seventh layer. The other question I answer is: “It’s cosmic rays”. Cosmic rays show no trend over the last 30 years & have had little impact on recent global warming.
Question number 21. It is true.
Cosmic radiation (mainly Alpha) (Picker, 2016) is increasing because the ozone layer devastation goes still on in the last descends. Radiation has no impact on global warming.
The problem of warming is the trouble between the two quanta animals, the chaos in which the two animals are in a specific orbit. The more heat of friction is between the specific amounts (N) in an orbit Ox in a room Rx is the more friction heat will be free (Picker, 2016).
4. Please tell me how the course is going for you so far? Is it hard, “just right”, or easy?
For me, it is still hard because I have not much time at the moment to focus on the study at all. I look for an appropriate job at the moment and have to push my projects to the public. But it is okay., that is my problem :).
References Picker, M. (2016, December 10).
PinkysWorld’s Weblog. Retrieved December 21, 2016, from https://pinkysworld.blog
Meador, J. (n.d.). Climate Science Glossary. Retrieved December 21, 2016, from https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-cold-weather.htm
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?